[IAEP] Historian David McCullough endorses constructionism?

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:02:40 EDT 2011

Actually our reading a book-getting Activities could greatly enhance
history teaching.  The nice thing about History is that there are a
lot of good original sources in the public domain, free to download.
The students can read the writings of Thomas Paine, Ben Franklin, etc.
 They are not limited to the school board approved boring junk that is
a typical History textbook.  They can read stuff written when the
events happened.

The materials available are not limited to the history of the United
States, but of course U.S. History is very well represented.  There is
no reason U.S. children need to take Glenn Beck seriously when they
could read this gem by Thomas Paine:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3743/3743-h/3743-h.htm#2HCH0001

James Simmons