[IAEP] Texas Senate Bills 866 & 867 regarding dyslexia passed over the weekend

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Fri Jun 3 09:45:57 EDT 2011

On 3 June 2011 22:01, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:
> Evince (the library used to read PDF) has changed the interface too, then
> does not have sense support the old toolbar.

I don't think I understand - how do the toolbars in Evince affect the
Read activity? Doesn't Read just use the Evince libraries and not the
Evince GUI?

> May be in a few months you can update to 11.2 and use a lot of new features,

Updating thousands of XOs scattered across our 7.6m km^2 continent is
not a task to be taken lightly. We cannot upgrade them all without
some serious planning, and we aren't going to do so just for an
activity. No doubt, other deployments face similar challenges.

Are there any technical limitations in making this activity run on the
current OLPC OS?

Thanks,
Sridhar