[IAEP] SCaLE 9X is coming! Don't miss it!

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Mon Jan 31 02:36:52 EST 2011

I'll be available to help you on Saturday. Do you have enough XOs to bring
to this event? Should I bring my own? Will touch base with you as the date
gets closer. --Cherry
 On Jan 30, 2011 4:42 PM, "Caryl Bigenho" <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all you OSSIE (Open Source Software In Education) Fans!
>

> Now is the time to put SCaLE 9X on your calendars for Saturday, February
26 for a day of fun and amazement at the Hilton LAX. This is an event for
everyone in the family because the exhibit hall is much like a huge science
fair with lots of interesting things to see and learn. Here is a partial
listing of exhibitors:

> http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/exhibitors
>

> On Saturday, in addition to visiting the exhibit hall, you can take
advantage of a full day of speakers and a hands-on workshop, all related to
OSSIE. And, on Saturday evening there will be a gathering of folks
interested in OSSIE with a raffle with some really cool prizes.

> The schedule and final details for Saturday's events aren't available yet,
but I will send them in a follow-up message as soon as they are. Currently
there are plans to offer the hands-on workshop also on Friday and Sunday.
That way, if you have other sessions you would rather attend on Saturday,
you will still be able to participate in the workshop.

> SCaLE 9X registration is now open. If you are either a student or a
teacher (any level pre-K through college) you can register for half-price!
That is just $35 for a day of fun and learning. There is a special link for
students and teachers to register:

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/special-events/open-source-software-education

> For everyone else, the price is $70, unless you are only interested in the
exhibit hall, which costs just $10. The link is:

> https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/reg7/
>

> I don't know yet what the cost is for children, but I will find out and
let you all know.

> If you are an XO or Sugar user and would like to help out with the
OLPC/Sugar Labs booth on Saturday or Sunday, I will need a few people to
assist there, and can provide full registration passes for a limited number
of people. if you would like to take advantage of this opportunity to help
people play with XOs and Sugar while spreading the open source software in
education message, please let me know right away!

> Watch for more info soon! I hope to see many of you there next month.
>

> Caryl Bigenho, OLPC and Sugar Labs Volunteer
> P.S. Please forward this message to anyone you know is interested in Open
Source Software In Education. Thanks!