[IAEP] Fwd: [FM Discuss] Der Mundo, crowd translation beta now live

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 18:03:09 EST 2011

FYI. This looks like a tremendous resource for language teachers.
Assign fairly advanced students of English to seek out Web pages of
importance to their language community, and have the English classes
translate them to local languages. Solicit help from the diasporas
around the world.

For example, resources in applying knowledge of tropical medicine to
particular countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.

Information on sustainable renewable power systems that can be built
and maintained locally.

Microfinance information.

and anything else that the local people find useful.