[IAEP] announcing upcoming summit in Uruguay

Gabriel Eirea geirea at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:22:06 EST 2011

Dear community,

At ceibalJAM! we are pleased to announce a summit to be held in
Uruguay on May 5th to 7th, 2011. The summit main objective is to
strengthen the free educational software developers community,
especially in South America but also with the aim to increase
collaboration efforts with the rest of the world. The summit intends
to bring together developers related to the Sugar platform and
OLPC-based deployments, as well as other platforms and deployments
using free educational software, for knowledge exchange, strategy
discussion, project planning, and generalized hacking.

Attendees will also have the opportunity to have a closer look at the
Uruguayan experience in 1-to-1 laptop programs for education, as we
are organizing a set of extra activities in different parts of the
country.

We have a first sponsorship from Activity Central and are looking for
other sponsors both at the national and international level.

At this time, the details are being discussed and we invite everyone
to send ideas and suggestions. Please stay tuned for further
announcements soon.

Best regards,

The ceibalJAM! team.
http://ceibaljam.org