[IAEP] [support-gang] How Many XOs?

Caryl Bigenho caryl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 23 11:09:04 EST 2011

Hi...

Argentina may be getting Classmates for their high school students, but rest assured that the good folks at Sugar Labs Argentina will make sure Sugar is available to run on them.  I will paste in a note from Pato Acevedo, in Chile, below.

And, don't forget Uruguay's commitment to the XO-HS.

I will be lending Izabel Valverde an XO-1.5 to play with while she is at SCaLE. She works with a private school in Brasil.

I'll sort of fudge the figures in my presentation and booth to express the factors you all have mentioned... shipping, waiting to be deployed and so forth. Can we safely say that about 2.1 million have left the factory and are in various stages of deployment?

Caryl

Here's the note about Argentina....

Directly from Sugar Labs Argentina, Alvar Maciel and his daughter show Sugar running  on a classmate touch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmmQxZPxYw

Details:

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/argentina/2011-February/001894.html

Pato Acevedo