[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Feedback needed: pippy use cases?

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:09:34 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Anish Mangal
<anish at activitycentral.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Pippy maintainer, I'm looking for inputs as to how is Pippy
> intended to be used in a classroom environment and how is it currently
> used. In particular:
>
> 1. What grades use Pippy? Could it be used in lower grades with some
> changes? If so, what could be the nature of those changes?
>
> 2. Collaborative code editing? How much is it actually used? What
> could be made better?
>
> 3. Sharing/reviewing of examples by other kids/teachers?
>
> 4. Would more explanatory code comments in Pippy examples help?
>
> 5. Would having a central repository of having pippy code examples
> help... For example, the ability to download/upload to a url like
> pippy.sugarlabs.org?
>
> 6. Would it help to have the examples in different languages wherever
> possible (spanish, for example)?
>
> Inputs will help guide future releases of Pippy.

Pippy is used to edit code snippets that get imported into Turtle Art.
It would be nice to be able to import the Turtle Art environment so
that these snippets can be tested in Pippy.

It is also of interest to some Turtle Art users to import some of the
Pippy libraries in their sample code.

-walter

> --
> Anish