[IAEP] For Sugar Everywhere, Google-ize!

Martin Sevior msevior at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 22:16:16 EST 2011

The current collection of sugar apps use pyGtk for interfaces. In the
case of Write, this is a C++ library linked with Gtk-2 with the UI
written with pyGtk.

It seems to me that the minimum requirement for this idea to have the
remotest chance of reusing all the work that has gone into sugar so
far is for Gtk to have android graphics backend. Gtk-3.0 can
apparently now draw to HTML 5.

So maybe it it is possible to build such a thing for android? An
android backend to Gtk-3.0 would be extremely valuable to the Free
Software community. So much so that I wonder if there has been an
attempt to do this.

Does any one know?

Cheers

Martin