[IAEP] !! in 10.1.3, setting "languages" property clears all activities

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Feb 9 15:18:38 EST 2011

Hi Tim,

On 30 January 2011 13:44, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> On 28 January 2011 15:36, Timothy Falconer <teefal at waveplace.org> wrote:
>> sugar-control-panel -s languages Kreyol/Haiti
>>
>> And after restarting, ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES ARE GONE.
>>
>> Can anyone confirm this or give me guidance.  How can I set the language in a bash script in 10.1.3?
>
> I imagine this is because the language is not included.

Sorry, I overlooked something and lead everyone down the wrong path.

Kreyol *is* included in 10.1.3 (and in our development builds), just
the particular command you are using is broken (a Sugar bug, also
present today, http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10681)

The 2 workarounds are:

1. Set the language inside the sugar control panel GUI (the GUI works,
the command line interface is broken)

2. Adjust your script so that instead of calling sugar-control-panel,
it just writes a file at  /home/olpc/.i18n with these contents:
  LANG="ht_HT.utf8"
  LANGUAGE="ht_HT.utf8"

In script terms this is:
  cat <<EOF > /home/olpc/.i18n