[IAEP] Who want a new wikipedia activity?

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Dec 28 17:17:51 EST 2011

I have been working in redoing the process to update the data in the
wikipedia activities,
or create new activities with other languages or selection of pages of
specific themes,
like a "WikipediaBiology" , History, etc.

A complete HowTo is here
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Wikipedia/HowTo
and now I am interested to know if somebody want to create a new wikipedia.

If somebody volunteers, I will try to help in the process, and improve the
tools and
documentation with the information obtained.

There are a few know issues I am trying to solve:
* I have replaced the math formulas displayed as images by the MathJax
javascript library,
but is slow in the XOs and is stopped by a timeout. If I don't found how to
solve this,
will need go back to generated images.
* The activity is a little slower to display the pages :(
* There are a few pages badly displayed (all the country pages)

In a few hours I will upload a first testing version of the Spanish
Wikipedia using this process/tools.

Thanks Chris Leonard for improving the HowTo page, and Martin Langhoff for
reviewing and
light up the old process's intricacies

Gonzalo