[IAEP] Khan Academy info and updates

Nicholas Doiron ndoiron at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 28 16:32:16 EST 2011

Salman Khan, founder of Khan Academy, is answering questions on Reddit.
There's info on the site's popularity (4 million users this month),
long-term plans for digital education, and more:

 http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ntsco/i_am_salman_khan_founder_of_khan_academyama/

Khan Academy is rewriting its Computer Science curriculum to focus on Java
Script, a major building block in today's websites. The courses are being
made by none other than John Resig of jQuery. I feel that Sugar may need
some type of JavaScript interpreter as well.

 http://ejohn.org/blog/javascript-as-a-first-language/

I also saw today a critique of Stanford's online classes. An on-campus
student believes online classes lose their depth when redesigned for the
general public:

 http://pennyhacks.com/2011/12/28/stanford-free-classes-a-review-from-a-stanford-student/

Regards,
Nick Doiron