[IAEP] Update: Persistant SoaS on new Mac Persists!

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Dec 15 19:20:09 EST 2011

On 12/15/2011 03:55 PM, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> I just tested the f15 SoaS usb Tom Gilliard sent me on my brand new
> MacBook Pro and it works there too.  Still can't connect to the net,
> but otherwise seems to work as well as it did on my older MacBook.
>  Still haven't tried the PC version on my eeePC.  This new OSX "Lion"
> software  will take some time to learn and since I need to do some
> projects for SCaLE 10X on it, that sort of has priority right now.

You have to use a wired cat-5 connection or use VirtualBox on a MacBook.
  The wireless drivers are not supported in fedora or Trisquel.

Fedora: Soas options:

Hold <option>wait for these to appear and select with  (right arrow)==>
windows or EFI-USB <enter>

This also applies with booting the live CD's on a MAC.
Both USB-sticks will connect to the network, if you do this.

dd .img files for USB-sticks:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora-SoaS#dd_writable_2GB_USB_Soas-v5-Coconut-USB_.img
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora-SoaS#dd_writable_2GB_USB_Soas-v6-Pineapple-USB_.img
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora-SoaS#dd_writable_1_GB_EFI_Boot_.28MAC.29_USB_Soas-v5-Coconut-USB_.img