[IAEP] another book

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Sat Apr 30 21:01:39 EDT 2011

On Mon, April 25, 2011 6:38 am, Cynthia Solomon wrote:
> I just posted my book, Computer Environments for Children: A Reflection on
> Theories of Learning and Education.
> http://computerenvironments.wikispaces.com

Well done. I have launched a new Papertian project called Replacing
Textbooks at Sugar Labs, where we propose to seek answers to many of the
questions you asked in the book, among others. We have some conjectures
partly worked out and in need of testing, particularly

http://booki.treehouse.su/discovering-discovery/

My favorite part is Peter, the child who refused to fix a bug that he
thought was a trick, until he realized that you didn't know what you had
done wrong.

I have had extensive training, both from my parents and in a Buddhist
seminary, on the problem of keeping secrets, and the resulting problem of
people assuming that you are keeping secrets, and thus keeping secrets
from you. It is necessary to tell the truth fairly aggressively in order
to even begin to overcome this problem.

At the same time, we were all advised to "be careful how you go with the
Truth under your coat," in a society that has made a heavy investment in
various secrets.