[IAEP] Current funding request status

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sat Apr 30 10:45:30 EDT 2011

On 04/29/2011 03:26 PM, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> Any updates on this front?
> Seeing how time critical particularly Sebastian's request is I think it
> makes sense for a decision to be reached quickly here.

Thanks for pinging on this Christoph. Here's a status update - we are
blocking on...

1) more SLOBs looking at and commenting on these tickets
2) someone with the ability to actually take money from SL's bank
account and give it to someone else

...on each ticket - so folks, keep moving this forward, please.

>> The urgent one is http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2801 - Rafael's
>> funding request for FUDCon Panama (a new one).

At this point, I think this is going to be a no (not because it's a bad
idea, but because it's not high-priority enough a use of funds), unless
4 SLOBs very quickly think it's vital. Can we get some more SLOBs
comments on this? We're blocking Rafael with a decision.

>> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2792 is time-sensitive as well;
>> Sebastian's travel to EduJam.

...and he's answered the question about Activity Central funding (they
are paying for everything except his airfare, which is what he is asking
the board for). This has been approved, and I believe that Sebastian is
just waiting for the money transfer to take place, so we are blocking on
that. Who has the ability to clear this? Walter?

>> Finally, less urgent but still good to get ASAP: Sean's request for a PR
>> phone line, http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2791

This has two +1's, myself and Walter. Can we get 2 more SLOBs to approve
this (or say why they disagree)?

--Mel