[IAEP] Current funding request status

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Tue Apr 26 17:19:22 EDT 2011

On 04/26/2011 01:32 PM, Sean DALY wrote:
> Thanks Mel, for those of us not used to "filing tickets" could you
> point us to instructions for its use? Does an account need to be
> opened?

Sure - http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Bug_Report (it's for code
bugs, but you make the same kind of ticket for a finance one). You do
need to make an account on the SL Trac instance to file a ticket.

> Rather than "first come first served" I would suggest a budget policy.
> Could you remind us where the revenues/disbursements balance sheet is?

We don't really have this, but I took the information we had last week
and did my best shot at making one. The disclaimer is that I've had 0
formal schooling in finance and accounting, so
edits/adjustments/suggestions on improvement are quite welcome.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Finance is still waiting for a precise
breakdown of how our current monies are earmarked, but the rough numbers
we got from Walter indicated that we've got about $4k free to spend
however (including on these three first finance tickets).

> I believe it would be worthwhile for expenses off the sheet (i.e. the
> marketing expenses I and others cover personally) to be incorporated
> on the revenue side. This approach would give a truer picture of our
> expenses for budget planning and particularly the day we have more
> than occasional revenue.

I agree as well - go ahead and edit the wiki page. :)

--Mel