[IAEP] New Finance Request: Airfare to EduJAM for Sebastian Silva

Sebastian Silva sebastian at somosazucar.org
Fri Apr 22 00:41:50 EDT 2011

As per the new http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Finance I'm asking for Sugar
Labs to sponsor my airfare to Montevideo
Sugar Summit EduJAM http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Uruguay_Summit_2011.

Here's the description that can also be found at the ticket I created
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2792
Thanks to SLOBs and the community for considering this request.

*Where are you going (location and event)?*

This is the Uruguay Sugar Summit EduJAM in Montevideo, Uruguay.
I will also attend the Sugar coding sprint right after the event.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Uruguay_Summit_2011

*What do you need covered? (Please estimate the costs in USD: hotel $X,
travel $Y)*

I am asking for the cost of the airfare. This is $1100.00 USD.

*If we cannot provide a full subsidy, will a partial subsidy be helpful?
(Yes/No)*

Yes

I'm funding the rest of the costs of being in Montevideo, so I can't
cover much more. With 1000 I'd be able to make it. I'd be departing from
Bogota on the 4th of May and returning on the 10th. There are several
options for flights.

*Do you need a visa or other official processing before you can travel?
If so, approximately how long does that processing take?*

No visa needed.

*What will you accomplish by going on this trip?*

Community

I have been working with the Local Lab in Colombia and Peru in a project
to develop a joint Services Portfolio. I expect to meet up with
CeibalJAM, people from Local Labs Chile, Argentina and other regional
members of the community to consolidate this effort as well as establish
a joint strategy for Local Labs. Certification programme is also a part
of this portfolio.

Also with my presence, we will have 6 out of 7 members of the board in
the same place which I think is of strategic importance to Sugar Labs.

Software

I am also an activities developer and will work with other members of
the community in this area during the sprint sessions. We have several
activities contributed by Ceibal JAM and I'd like to work on some HIG
recommendations for improving usability.