[IAEP] Exploring Sugar-on-Tablets

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Apr 5 00:09:47 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> When can we look forward to a similar exploration of hardware topics?

Hardware stuff is being discussed actively internally for XO-3.
Unfortunately, I can't say anything specific about it yet.  But I am
pretty excited.

As always, OLPC hopes to push the market, rather than necessarily be
the single source of low cost and robust computers for education.  So
we welcome other hardware efforts and discussion as well.  Part of
what makes me excited about the ChromeOS/Chrome exploration track
(next week's work) is that it gives a mechanism for deploying Sugar on
everything from desktops (inside the browser of your choice---the
NativeClient client is currently Chrome-specific, but will eventually
become browser-independent), to netbooks, to tablets -- to whatever
comes next!
 --scott