[IAEP] Exploring Sugar-on-Tablets

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:59:02 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 18:15, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> I've posted a four week plan for XO-3 software exploration at
> http://cananian.livejournal.com/62667.html

Excellent. Love your work.

> Briefly:
> April 4-8: Android
> April 11-15: Chrome/ChromeOS/NativeClient
> April 18-22: Get down & dirty with mesh

Lack of reliable mesh is the single greatest technical obstacle to my
plans for Replacing Textbooks with collaborative Open Education
Resources (OERs).

http://www.wsis-community.org/mod/groups/topicposts.php?topic=118512&group_guid=14358

Some of us are putting together a new server for Sugar Labs, using
booki collaborative authoring software from FLOSS Manuals. We have
several projects in the planning stages from people and organizations
that have been working on non-computer approaches for decades, and are
delighted at the new opportunities.

> April 25-29: Pulling legacy Sugar codebase into the
> GTK3/g-o-i/touch-interface future
> May 2-6: in Uruguay to present results and discuss all this w/ Sugar
> folks in person
>
> I'll be posting more about each project as I dig into them; there are
> also threads on IAEP where I've discussed all these topics before, so
> they shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

When can we look forward to a similar exploration of hardware topics?

http://www.earthtreasury.org/