[IAEP] NN, Mitra, and the role of the teacher

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 23:55:30 EDT 2010

Actually, Mitra's "Grannies" may not be actual grand parents and they do have a curriculum. They are chosen from older folks (he implies they are all women) who have time and want to volunteer to help children learn. They meet regularly with their assigned children in groups of 4 via the internet and check up on their progress with their current learning challenges.
I see no reason why this model would need to be limited to older volunteers. The same rolecould be filled by older students, community members, or anyone else who would bewilling to commit the time to contribute to helping children learn to learn.
Caryl