[IAEP] OLPC SF Community Summit starts in 2 days! (Oct 22-24)

Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Oct 20 03:10:54 EDT 2010

Our registrations are now well over 80!  The OLPC SF/Sugar/Realness
Summit organizers regret that our famous 100 Red T Shirts simply can no
longer be guaranteed in most sizes/genders.

Of course, DO REGISTER NOW if you still want to join OLPC/Sugar's
largest ever community/volunteer meeting of the minds -- /the mission
statement survives the fashion statement:

/    http://olpcSF.org/CommunitySummit2010/register.php/

/Just don't forget the reception 5pm Friday and the BBQ party 6pm Sunday!/
/
Remote Participants: we really don't mind if you're jealous.  Not a bit,
sorry :)  We're here to celebrate the transcendent intensity and human
vibrancy of our in-person volunteer community -- meeting so many new
faces from India, Europe, Canada etc for the 1st time -- and yes the
birthplace of Internet Culture itself: San Francisco.  But in the end
even we midnight contributors just cannot offer online beer..

Instead, we ask you to increase the number of sessions with basic
electronic-facilitation, by jumping right into
http://forum.laptop.org/chat and the schedule detail below, around your
very favorite sessions!  Start working patiently with a Session Lead
today, and with Ben Sheldon himself live Saturday, to recruit=support
the highest quality courtroom reporters :

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/Community_Summit_2010#Remote_Participation_.26_Notetaking

/Thanks everybody for taking the full VIP (Volunteer Infrastructure
Progress)//spirit//of our "1st family reunion" so very seriously, even
if our global family tree isn't quite ready -- we're working on it
day+night -- and lots more fun surprises to be shown off this weekend,
hold your breath!!/