[IAEP] Working with a commercial entity.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:40:19 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 1:43 PM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
> Over the past couple of months I have been exploring business
> opportunities to promote the adoption and development of Sugar.  One
> of these opportunities is a service and support business for
> deployments.  As such, we are building network of developers to work
> on deployment specific issues.

Excellent news. All successful software -- regardless of license,
platform and other factors -- thrives on a network of highly skilled
professionals around it.

IME, an important challenge going forward for all involved is to
maintain a high level of professionalism in the good and in the bad
times.

There are lots of little things -- for example managing expectations
and knowing when you are speaking for yourself / your company, when
for SL, when for OLPC. Some people have @laptop and @sugarlabs
addresses -- making sure that it is clear who you are, and what hat
are you wearing at a particular time is not trivial.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions