[IAEP] Peru, OLPC and Wikipedia

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Mon May 10 23:49:43 EDT 2010

Caryl

A little more research by me

the interviewed social Darwinist is Robert Wright, the author of  Nonzero
http://www.nonzero.org/

The filmmaker is Righteous Pictures http://righteouspictures.com/

Wright seems to believe that there is a higher purpose to biological
and social evolution, that in some way, we will be fulfilling our
destiny if we become one globalised culture.

Righteous Pictures' mission seems to be an end to genocide, they
presumably believe that a unified global culture will put an end to
genocide.

So to put it simply, the movie could be viewed as marketing spin, put
together by people whose mission is overlapping but not the same as
OLPC or Sugarlabs.

Tony