[IAEP] SoaS change of direction: heads-up on convos in other lists

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 11:54:04 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
> The short version is that instead of "include all Activites by default,"
> we're thinking of shipping very few (6) Activities by default - the ones
> that help users get further Activities and help

I read Sebastian's post... and is less drastic than that. He seems to
say: include only the well tested, known to work, actively maintained
activities, with an eye towards activitries that serve as a good intro
to the platform and that demo well.

But you say only 6... Which one is it?

The initial proposal I like; makes a lot of sense and raises the bar.
IT basically increases the chances of a satisfactory first use.

Six activities not so much -- you need many steps + internet to add
activities... and it'll be "random activity from ASLO, may well be
unstable or useless". It significantly _reduces_ chances of
satisfaction.

All IMHO...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions