[IAEP] [SLOBs] prep for Friday's meeting

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Wed Jan 20 12:51:36 EST 2010

Administrative stuff below - I'm trying to make it as interesting as
possible, believe me. ;)

In an attempt to line things up so that we can get efficiently through
Friday morning's meeting (and, I hope, nail those Trademark notions
through), Walter, Bernie, and I started a meeting prep page.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2010-01-22

It's got handy-dandy background information references, discussion
points, budget proposals with rationale, draft motions to be proposed
after discussion points have been worked through, probable follow-up
actions for if a motion passes...

There are some missing bits we could use to improve this document so we
can really CRUSH THINGS! on Friday.

1.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2010-01-22#Finances
could use a quick status update, so we don't need to spend a lot of time
coming up to speed on the state of things at the beginning of the
meeting. Where do our finances stand? Do we need to worry about taxes,
etc? Any impending invoices? Who's responsible for keeping track of
this, where are they filing things, and when are we regularly checking
in on financial matters?

2. Are we missing any discussion points for trademark on
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2010-01-22#Discussion_points?

3. Does anyone have any thoughts on the discussion points for trademark
(again,
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2010-01-22#Discussion_points)?
The more discussion we can have on iaep before the meeting, the more
likely we are to be able to approve a trademark policy on Friday morning.

That's all - thanks for your patience, everyone!
Thoughts/comments/patches/flames extremely welcome.

--Mel