[IAEP] SoaS & rlt8102e problems

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sun Feb 28 18:58:03 EST 2010

On 1 March 2010 12:11, Cherry Withers <cwithers at ekindling.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been trying to run SoaS on both my Windows XP and Vista netbooks and
> ran into the problem of not being able get a wifi access. So I went through
> these exercise:
> 1) downloaded the linux driver support for the chipset
> 2) untar the file in my SoaS root directory
> 3) but on the step where I had to run "make".. no dice.
>
> I am a newbie Linux user. I'm using the blueberry version of SoaS. Is there
> supposed to be a developer version that I have to be using instead which has
> make and C compiler installed? Please advice thank you!  Please don't send
> me into the wiki labyrinth.
>
> Thanks,
> Cherry

Cherry,

I'm not a Fedora user, but this should lead you on the right way. Try going
into terminal then typing *yum groupinstall "Development Tools"*. The quotes
are important.

Once you've done that, try these commands. Omit square brackets.

cd /path/to/extracted/tar/file [go to right place]
./configure [tell compiler about your system]
make [generate instructions for compiler]
sudu su [change to root user]
make install [compile software]
exit [return to normal user]

-Tim.