[IAEP] Drama / Theater in Sugar?

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:20:52 EST 2010

Sebastian,

RenPy looks pretty cool.  Sugar does ship with PyGame and can play
audio in OGG format so making a Sugarized RenPy Activity might be
possible.  As Ed pointed out we have Text to Speech using espeak as
well.

I wrote a book called "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!", available for
free at flossmanuals.net, which may be of use to you.  I haven't
written the PyGame chapter yet, but I'll be working on it next week
and I'll be sure to check out RenPy.  To use PyGame in an Activity you
can use a library called SugarGame.  That's supposed to make PyGame
and PyGTK work together.

There is also a project called "Our Stories" that may be of interest:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Our_Stories

James Simmons