[IAEP] [FIELDBACK] Etoys

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:10:17 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:00, Gerald Ardito <gerald.ardito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Edward,
>
> I know that my 5th graders who are using XOs and Sugar would love to
> participate with you in this project.

Thank you. Can I get on your Jabber server to chat with the children?

How much have they learned? Do they know all of the mouse functions,
including triple-click? Do they know what all of the lights on the XO
mean? Do they understand saving and resuming activity sessions?
Collaboration? Sharing journal entries? Installing activities? How
much programming do they know? How much of Unix do they understand?
Are any of them using an XO in a different language or with a
different keyboard layout?

You can look at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/The_Undiscoverable for
other questions.

At some point I want to create an XO examination for the children to
grade based on these points.

1. Could they discover the item?

2. Have they been taught the item?

3. Does my explanation work for them to learn the item?

and then ask them for comments. What did they have trouble with? Do
they have a better, or at least different way of explaining something?

http://www.earthtreasury.org/