[IAEP] More new and revised chapters of "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" ready for review, feedback

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Feb 24 11:32:29 EST 2010

Hi Jim,

On 3 Feb 2010, at 16:35, Jim Simmons wrote:

> In this latest draft I have added a not quite complete chapter on
> Making Shared Activities.  The part that is missing is on using DBus
> Tubes to remotely call methods, and it's missing because I've never
> done it.  I do plan to learn how to do this, come up with a decent
> example program (something fancier than Hello Mesh), and write it up
> in the book, but it will take awhile.  The new draft is at:
>
> http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/ActivitiesGuideSugar-en-2010.02.03-18.11.39.pdf

Not sure if it's of use for you, but I did an initial pass generating a self organising map (SOM) from your current manual text. Parameters are a little different from the usual IAEP mail-list SOMs, this one shows 600 terms (each placed based on 600 features) for a more detailed/deeper view than  usual:

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Activities_guide_sugar_som_23rd_feb.jpg

Regards,
--Gary