[IAEP] JTLA Special Edition: ''Educational Outcomes and Research from 1:1 Computing Setting''

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Mon Feb 22 16:38:41 EST 2010

> Thanks Tony I had missed that when I skimmed it.  There is lots of evidence,
> including common sense, for the importance of increased learning time.
>
> Sugar on  a Stick people, this is important to us too, we need sticks that
> work outside the school.  :)
>
> Caroline

just found another study:

http://www.pisaresconf09.org/user_uploads/files/context/room2/Kluttig_Peirano_Vergara.pdf
Information and communication technology (ICT) and learning. Study for Chile. PISA Results 2006 Martha Kluttig Claudia Peirano Constanza Vergara
There is a low, significant and positive effect of the use of computers at
home regarding school achievement. Furthermore, the frequent use of
the computer at home impacts positively learning in science.
The relation between frequency of use and achievement hides a
differentiated relation regarding to the type of task performed with the
computer.
We haven't found concluding evidence to establish that having more
computers available at school has impact on the performance of the
students.