[IAEP] SchoolTool Development Grants

Tom Hoffman tom.hoffman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 00:29:36 EST 2010

Hi folks,

Excuse the philanthropic spam, but Walter suggested this would be a
reasonable spot for this announcement.

SchoolTool is a project to create free and administrative software for
schools around the world, particularly in the developing countries.
SchoolTool was conceived by Mark Shuttleworth, who remains the primary
funder of the project. Much more information about SchoolTool is
available at http://schooltool.org

We're excited to announce an initiative to provide 50,000 Euro in
custom development grants to help schools, government, and
organizations in the developing world to pilot and deploy SchoolTool
for computer based school management.

This could be an excellent compliment to a OLPC deployment.

Much more here: http://book.schooltool.org/htmlhelp/grant-rfp.html

Also, my initial guess is that integration into the OLPC school server
wouldn't be the first step in the process -- we'd rather focus on
functionality first -- but if we had a successful OLPC-based pilot
we'd almost certainly then work on XS integration.

Tom Hoffman
SchoolTool Project Manager