[IAEP] kids hacking sugar?

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 10 19:42:08 EDT 2010

Hi Soren,

good to hear from you, how's the thesis coming along?

Bernie Innocenti (in CC) who's currently working with the OLPC / Sugar
project in Paraguay has held some successful classes and programming
workshops with relatively young people. I don't remember the details but
I'm sure he can tell you more about it.

Also in Paraguay there's a brother and a sister who are doing what seems
to be truly amazing stuff with Scratch (I'm talking about designing
games with 9 levels and whatnot!). It might not be Python coding or
Kernel hacking but this is definitely some very advanced use right
there. Morgan Ames (also in CC) has all the details there.

That's about all that comes to mind right now...

Cheers from Peru,
Christoph