[IAEP] Which Language?

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:34:51 EDT 2009

"If all you have is a hammer, it's time to put another nail in the J coffin."

Although the J executable is a free (as in beer) download from
Jsoftware (the only place I found a downloadable J), with regard to
the source code, the J page at http://www.jsoftware.com/source.htm
states:

> Fees
>
> Jsoftware licenses source for all the Jsoftware binaries. There are several
> factors in determining the cost of source licenses. Primary is the source
> itself: J Engine (portable C); Windows GUI support (C++); and Unix GUI
> support (Java). Secondary is the scope of use: internal; distributed products;
> and  competitive (to Jsoftware) products. And finally the platforms: Windows;
> Unix; PocketPC; etc. The price range is from $10,000 to $400,000. Regular
> updates to our current source levels are available for separate update fees.

Sorry 'bout that commission. ;-)

--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC