[IAEP] Which Language?

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Mon Sep 28 16:17:37 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 02:57:48PM -0400, gerry_lowry (alliston ontario canada (705) 250-0112) wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
>       The question was "what language can be used now".
>       You're answering a different question.
>
> Possibly.   Depends on whether J can be used now (or soon).

Only if "possibly" means "yes".  You're answering a different question
to "what language can be [usefully] used now".  There are no J
bindings for dbus.  I can't find any J FFIs.  One can't use J to write
Sugar activities.

J seems interesting enough, but not for a teacher now who wants to
teach people now to write Sugar activites now on an XO.

> Gerry

Martin