[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SoaS] The Future of Sugar on a Stick

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Sep 24 01:17:49 EDT 2009

Thanks for the update, Sean!

The mailing list is up - details on the conversation are posted at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick#Make_a_SoaS_mailing_list.
In short: people talked, consensus was reached, stuff happened. We're
getting better at this - and are close to finishing these discussions.
In an attempt to wrap up this thread, I'm going to split the remaining
open items into the separate issues they've become.

Everything is summarized on the (somewhat heavily updated now, to
reflect all the discussion that have been taking place to the best of
my knowledge) wiki page,
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick.

These two items are moving to separate threads on the new SoaS mailing list.

    * 4.1 Formalize a SoaS development team has turned into
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick#Formalize_what_SL_project_status_means_for_SoaS_spins,
discussed in http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/soas/2009-September/000000.html.

    * 4.3 Determine what "the code Sebastian is working on" has turned
into http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick#Generate_a_list_of_SoaS_spins,
discussed in http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/soas/2009-September/000001.html.

This item has already moved to a separate thread:
    * 4.2 Determine what "Sugar on a Stick" refers to
(See http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-September/019548.html
- the panel will be selected - and I assume receive their charge and a
deadline - at this Friday's SLOBs meeting.)

As far as I can tell, this closes out this particular thread of epic
marathoning - I hope we're moving quickly enough to keep folks from
getting too impatient, while still giving people (particularly ones
with busy day jobs/studies that aren't Sugar 24/7) a chance to read
and respond and help us reach consensus.

--Mel