[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SoaS] The Future of Sugar on a Stick

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Wed Sep 23 01:20:39 EDT 2009

Mel Chua wrote:
> There's a lot going on in this thread, so here is my attempt to
> summarize discussions so far. If I've missed or misstated anything, my
> apologies - and it's a wiki, so go fix it. ;-)
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick
>
> By my count, there are 4 things we need to decide on and then execute
> in order to wrap up this conversation. Some are already in progress.
>
>      * 4.1 Make a SoaS mailing list
>      * 4.2 Formalize a SoaS development team
>      * 4.3 Determine what "Sugar on a Stick" refers to
>      * 4.4 Determine what "the code Sebastian is working on" is called
>
> Only the third one has a clear owner (SLOBs) and can be decided at
> this time (the 4th seems to depend on the answer to the 3rd). How can
> we move these forward - and are there any other blocker decisions that
> aren't listed here?
>
> --Mel, the human ticket tracker

Ahhh! Sorry, I'm a bit late to this party here...

Mel, this talk and the summary page is *awesome* - thanks a lot for
getting everything together there! I agree that most of the other parts
are non-blocking - at least for 4.1 & 4.2 we probably don't need a SLOBs
decision, right? - while 4.3 is something that still needs to be solved
(4.4 is related to it, I'd say).

--Sebastian