[IAEP] [SLOBS] SLOBs Position on SoaS

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Sep 18 16:01:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

   > Chris, I think your strategy for reaching consensus on this issue
   > is a good one, but somewhat at odds with our rules of governance.

Thanks.  You're right; I'd missed that.

   > "The Oversight Board will selecting members for the Decision
   > Panel...  A Decision Panel will solicit community input, discuss
   > (in private if they deem it necessary), reach a conclusion
   > internally, and produce a report documenting their
   > conclusion. (Anyone may submit advice to a Decision Panel.) The
   > Oversight Board will review and ratify Decision Panel reports.

Perhaps we should ask for volunteers to serve on the Decision Panel
now, and then vote on Friday both on whether it should be formed, and
who should take positions on it?  (I can't think of a way to decide
who should be on the panel that doesn't involve SLOBs voting on them,
unless we just let anyone who wants to be on it join.)

   > In any case, I think we should meet on Friday of next week.

Okay.  I'll be at the Linux Plumbers Conference, but I think I can
make the meeting anyway.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>