[IAEP] Where should we put Lesson Plans? Currwiki?

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Mon Sep 14 09:16:15 EDT 2009

Thank Martin!
Your email really helped me.

Here is my current thinking on lesson plans (not courses)

Dimension - Lesson Plans can be found.

Level 1 - People who did lesson plans have notes in varies places, if you
want to replicate what someone else has done you have to find them and ask
them to give you, then explain to you their notes.

Level 2 - Clear lesson plans are written up (often as pdfs) and posted but
everyone has their own place to post them.

Level 3 -
There is an official place to find printable lesson plans but there is
no search and no categorization.
 The location maybe language or country specific.

Level 4 - Pdf type lesson plans are gathered in one location that is managed
by a searchable database.  You can search by language, grade level and other
keywords as well as full text.

Dimension - Lesson Plans are easy to reuse with Sugar.

Level 1 - Lesson plans are in various formats on the internet.

Level 2 - Lesson plans are in neat easy to read and print pdfs

Level 3 - Lesson plans are more then pdfs they include sample files,
template files, links to what activities to download.

Level 4  - All the materials of the lesson are bundled into one file that
can be downloaded and loaded into your local Moodle instance making it ready
to go.

I'll let Kellie put that into Rubric Language ;)

So Peru looks like they are at Level 3 and Level 2.

The GPA team is at Level 1 on both dimensions. Its Kellie's job to move us
up between now and January.

I agree that Level 4 integration with Moodle is a goal, but first we have to
have examples where we have used Moodle to manage the lesson flow, then we
have to take those examples and decide how to export and import them.  I
don't think we will be there by this January.

Meanwhile on the Lesson Plans can be Found scale if we partner with
Curriwiki we can potentially get to Level 3.  Plus for the teacher while
they are searching they may well find other lesson plans not specifically
designed for Sugar that can be adapted to Sugar.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove

617-500-3488 - Office