[IAEP] Where should we put Lesson Plans? Currwiki?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 15:17:15 EDT 2009

I see that Moodle can support a MySQL database. Has anybody
implemented a system with a database of learning modules that a
teacher can select from in creating a course? If so, then we can
design such a database for easy searching by various relevant criteria
and for linking modules together in sequences that respect topic
dependencies.

Bryan Berry has suggested that we need something like 10,000 modules
for every topic in every subject at every grade level in K-12. I am
thinking of an architecture in which we could provide places for
multiple versions of each topic module using different instructional
methods keyed to different learning styles in different languages and
cultures.

For example, I might offer a lesson plan using Walter Bender's Turtle
Art Portfolio functions and Alan Kay's Etoys/Smalltalk approach. You
can get a bit of the flavor in my reworking of an Alan Kay lesson
sequence on Galilean gravity at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Gravity.odt

I intend to redo this again entirely in Turtle Art Portfolio soon, now
that I have a lot more of the bits and pieces of my approach coming
together.
http://earthtreasury.org/