[IAEP] Sugar on a Stick v2 Release Naming

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:42:07 EDT 2009

> I guess Sean's corrected you and I that it's ice-cream flavours :).

sure!
>> yet a couple snags I see, No blueberries (arandanos) I ever saw in
>> South/Cental America...  (very delicious in Virginia, though!)
>>
>> Shouldn't we try to aim for something easy to localize and feel
>> ownership of?
>> Strawberry was good, orange, grape...
>>

> Not sure how far to go with this, since I don't know how we could come
> up with something that's localisable "enough".  Perhaps you can expand
> on the "ownership" point?

It's not a deal breaker, but it would be easier for people to feel this
is "their tool" if the symbol of it *is something they can connect
with*, that is something they know.  In this case, Latinamericans might
have an easier time just using the English name than any attempt at
translation.

If it's ice cream flavors, Vanilla and Chocolate are universal...