[IAEP] SoaS install instructions on wiki

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 09:44:53 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Kevin Cole<dc.loco at gmail.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth, here's a slightly colorized log of my successful burn
> on Ubuntu Jaunty, burned 2009-08-24. I don't know that it offers anything
> that hasn't been said elsewhere, but it is pretty much start to finish, with
> the possible exception of not having explicitly set the partition type to
> FAT32.
>
> http://research.gallaudet.edu/Tutorials/SoaS-2009-08-24.html

I tried your instructions this morning (with the new beta image).
Worked great except for some reason, I could not get the
livecd-iso-to-disk.sh script to accept either the  --delete-home or
--unencrypted-home options.  Only the latter appears in the --help for
the script. Curious.

In any case, my Classmate booted!! First time I have been able to burn
a SoaS from Ubuntu to date. Thanks for working this out.

Could you update the wiki with your instructions? (You may want to
indicate to the uninitiated at what point the USB stick should be
inserted/removed.

> Disclaimers: Use at your own risk. Contents may settle during shipping.
>  Your mileage may vary.  The secretary will disavow any knowledge...
> Batteries not included. What me, worry?
> --
> Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
> Washington, DC