[IAEP] [SLOBS] next SLOBs meeting reminder/agenda: 2009-10-30

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Oct 30 06:58:00 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 23:46, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:

[snip]

> * We need a good laying-out of options on
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Requesting_a_SLOBs_decision. I'll call for
> help on Planet and the mailing lists again shortly.

Have summarized the main points about decision-making in the wiki:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Requesting_a_SLOBs_decision#How_a_SLOBs_decision_is_made

"How a SLOBs decision is made

Once the board has agreed on making a decision on a particular issue,
we need to define how such decision will be made. Some questions that
would matter:

    * should all decisions require the same level of agreement? Maybe
changing the rules require a stronger agreement such as unanimity or a
greater quorum?

    * voting medium: IRC, email, something else? If an async medium
such as email is chosen, which is the time limit for voting? Some
decisions will be urgent.

    * voting system, some options, 1: unanimous consensus needed, 2:
unanimous nondissent needed (either consensus or abstain), 3: majority
needed, no dissent (at least 4 yea, no nay), 4: simple voting (more
yeas than nays). "

Please chime in here or add to the wiki if there's anything relevant missing.

Thanks,

Tomeu

Farning