[IAEP] [SLOBS] next SLOBs meeting reminder/agenda: 2009-10-30

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 07:09:13 EDT 2009

It's important to have a mechanism for overruling anyone who might
wish to be obstructionist... or simply totally absent.

None in the present company of course :-) but longer term to conserve
decision-making ability we need a safety valve to escape paralysis if
for any reason an OB member always votes against consensus, or is
unwilling or unable to exercise the function. For this second case,
naturally, the devil is in the details concerning how to determine
when a member is considered no longer available. Lack of meeting
participation plus responses to formal votes within a time limit could
be the way to deal with that. Of course, taking into account
communicated absences... I'm thinking of my move + summer vacation
which had me out of circulation for awhile.

thanks

Sean