[IAEP] SoaS meetings?

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Mon Oct 19 04:53:52 EDT 2009

2009/10/19 Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com>

> I would like to get together with others at some prearranged time to
> work on collaboration in SoaS. I have some ideas about lesson plans
> that need to be tried out, and I need to see whether it will be
> possible to arrange demos for others. If this interests you, we can
> get together on IRC or on the Chat within SoaS.

Because of timezone issues (I'm UTC+13), I'll almost certainly be unable to
attend. However, one of the schools I've visited is indeed looking for
guidance on how to introduce Sugar into the classroom. E.g., the dicussion
has moved from whether the product is capable or reliable, to "how to we
include this into a learning pathway for our kids" (11-12 year olds).

I've also scheduled a meeting with another small school of 5-9year olds. It
would be great to say there's an international push to guide Sugar into a
teaching environment.

My impression is that detailed lesson plans per se arn't required. What
seems to be required is slightly more structure than starting up and
being confronted with the home view. It's a little intimidating to adults,
because the favourites circle is completely new to them and nothing looks
like an obvious place to click first.

Edward, if this comes to anything - please share any findings :)

timClicks