[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature Policy updated

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-iaep at silbe.org
Fri Nov 27 15:00:28 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 07:40:26PM +0100, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> * Backup up by the community *
> The proposer of the feature has to get feedback from the community.
> This includes technical feedback, feedback from the deployments etc.
> See as well in the last paragraph about which points the community
> might care. Of course there will be some different opinions in the
> community - in general there should be more YES than NO in the
> community for a feature to be able to get into a Sugar release.

This puts the burden of interacting with deployments on each individual
feature proposer (but away from the core developers, which is a good
thing).
How is that supposed to happen (getting feedback from deployments)?
Writing to iaep? What if nobody replies to those messages (e.g. because
it doesn't matter to them either way), will the feature be rejected even
if it's a good idea? (*)

(*) Obviously "good idea" is quite subjective, but I assume you
understand what I mean.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/