[IAEP] [SoaS] R: E-Books for Sugar on a Stick (Blueberry)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 04:00:18 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:45, Jim Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:
> Caroline,
>
> I'm not sure what the state of printing is in SoaS.  If I was a
> teacher I think I'd teach the kids to use View Slides, Browse, and a
> Paint program and then use another computer running Image Magick on
> Windows (or Linux or a Macintosh) to prepare PDFs.  You'd have to
> unzip the archives created by View Slides, which recent versions of
> Windows can do (or use JustZipIt for older versions).  Then you run an
> Image Magick command like this to create a PDF:
>
> convert scanImage_1.jpg scanImage_2.jpg scanImage_3.jpg mybook.pdf

Note that you can easily do dynamic presentations in Etoys, Scratch,
or Turtle Art, with far more capability than ordinary PDFs. Each of
them is a programming environment. Each lets students open Journal
sessions and stick images and other elements into presentation frames.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/