[IAEP] A Couple of Comments/Questions

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Wed Nov 18 04:52:39 EST 2009

2009/11/18 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>

> On 18.11.2009, at 07:38, Tim McNamara wrote:
> > I'm a FLOSS manuals contributor. If someone with the know-how adds it to
> the wiki, I'll port it to the FLOSS Manuals site :)
> >
> > @timClicks
>
> Can't do. FLOSS Manuals inexplicably uses GPL for everything, which is more
> restrictive than Creative Commons.
>
> - Bert -

Restrictive or more free, depending on one's perspective. Viral vs non-viral
licencing seems to be quite philosophical and usually quite destructively
debated.

I note the objection however. Therefore, if anyone is happy releasing their
content under the GPL, by all means email it to me. I'll submit it to FLOSS
manuals for worldwide publication.

@timClicks