[IAEP] A Couple of Comments/Questions

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Nov 18 04:42:38 EST 2009

On 18.11.2009, at 07:38, Tim McNamara wrote:
>> 2009/11/18 Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just reading through all your interesting posts from the past couple of days. I have a couple of ideas to share...
>>
>> Re:
>> From Walter...
>>> "5. The Spanish-language version of Sdenka Z. Salas Pilco's guide to
>>> using Sugar in the classroom is available on the wiki (Please see
>>> [http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:La_Laptop_XO_en_el_Aula.pdf])."
>>>
>> This is a wonderful resource.   Is it available for localizing into other languages? Are there any special permissions we would need to get?

No special permission needed - she put it out under a Creative Commons license.

The English one is CC-BY-SA:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sdenka_Salas_-_The_XO_Laptop_in_the_Classroom

and the Spanish one CC-NC-BY-SA.

But in any case it doesn't hurt to ask Sdenka directly. Her email is in the book (also cc'ed).

>> From Sean...
>> "At launch time we can have a wiki page explaining how to find and load an eBook."
>>
>> Could we also add it to the Help Activity included with Sugar

Sure.

>> and the online FLOSS Manual?

No.

> I'm a FLOSS manuals contributor. If someone with the know-how adds it to the wiki, I'll port it to the FLOSS Manuals site :)
>
> @timClicks

Can't do. FLOSS Manuals inexplicably uses GPL for everything, which is more restrictive than Creative Commons.

- Bert -