[IAEP] 'apt-get install sugar-platform' available for Ubuntu9.10.

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Nov 3 22:09:16 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 01:02, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> After a couple of weeks of reading tutorials, help from Aleksey, and
>> some Ubuntu developers there are Sugar packages available for Ubuntu
>> 9.10.
>
> Just gave them a try and worked great, congrats all! Which are the next steps?

Cool

The next steps are a proper bug tracker and start patching.  It has
been a little frustrating because all of the bugs on this thread have
been part of the lower packages.  As part of my learning I have been
starting with the easiest packages first, the activities.  From there
I hope to move to the more complicated core sugar packages and finally
start on xulrunner an csound.

The basic strategy is to move towards Debian's upstream packages.  The
goal is to allow Ubuntu and Debian to share patches and feedback
without step on each others toes with regard to packaging methods.
Debian has added several interesting features to automate the
packaging process.  But, these features make it harder for new
packagers to get started.

> Btw, why did we needed to build our own xulrunner?

The xpcom provided by the Ubuntu xulrunner does not seem to work correctly.

david