[IAEP] What do I want "Big Time" To Be?

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:49:09 EST 2009

Caryl,

I don't know what your budget is, but you can get a refurbished PC for
under $100 here:

http://www.pcsurplusonline.com/index.cfm

I have bought several computers from this place.  They are sold with
no OS installed, sometimes with no hard drive, but generally they have
a CD-ROM drive, a keyboard, and a mouse.  These would make a pretty
good demo machines, IMHO.  I've been buying used IBM/Lenovo boxes for
my own use and like them a lot.  The "Think Centre" desktop model has
a small form factor that would make it almost as handy for
demonstrations as a laptop would be but would be more reliable and
cost much less.  (Generally speaking used laptops are no bargain).  HP
has a small form factor machine too, but I favor the IBM model.  It's
designed to be easy to work on without tools.

James Simmons