[IAEP] [Reminder] Sugar Labs wiki team, 2009 launch meeting, 30 March 2009, 17:00 UTC (13:00 EDT, 10:00 PDT)

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 23:03:58 EDT 2009

Those interested, please attend this opening Wiki Team meeting for 2009 on
irc.freenode.net #sugar-meeting: Wiki Team Agenda for Monday 30 March 2009
17:00 UTC (13:00 EDT, 10:00 PDT)

Enter topics here, details, if you wish, under Wiki
Team/Roadmap#Proposals<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Wiki_Team/Roadmap#Proposals>,
or under another appropriate section header.

   1. Introductions of attendees or interested parties
   2. "Reading" of agenda requests and proposals
   3. Call for new agenda requests or proposals to add to agenda
   4. Ordering of agenda
   5. Discussion of items
   6. Proposed actions, agents, and schedule

The current listing of items is the following:

   - Discuss vision for Quarter 2 2009 and beyond.
   - Install mediawikiwiki:Extension:ImageMap<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ImageMap>
for
   easier, more comprehensive image clicking support (
   http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/580)
   - Investigate and install a collapsible section extension. At a minimum,
   wikitable {| class="collapsible prettytable" (
   metawikipedia:Help:Collapsing<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Collapsing>)
   orwikipedia:Wikipedia:NavFrame<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:NavFrame>,
   to allow long sections to be collapsed without losing the local page
   context. (http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/612)
   - Install mediawikiwiki:Extension:NewArticleTemplates<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:NewArticleTemplates>
for
   easier new page editing support for new and experienced users. (Lower floor
   and raise ceiling.)
      1. include separate subpage template
      2. investigate to determine if the Mediawiki:NewArticleTemplate could
      include a template parameter that would default to
      Mediawiki:NewArticleTemplateDefault, but allow an arbitrary
NS_MAIN page to
      be called for customization.
   - Wouldn't it be easier to maintain the ToDo lists and Release tables in
   a Google spreadsheet? The parser extension tag, <gspread>, is used to embed
   Google spreadsheets like this example:
olpc:User_talk:FGrose/sandbox<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User_talk:FGrose/sandbox>,
   or this, olpc:Health_Sciences_Online#Links_to_content<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Health_Sciences_Online#Links_to_content>
The
   sheets are hosted by Google and collaboration rights would be controlled by
   their mechanisms. Sure would add a lot of capability and usability.
   - Follow up on marking pages on w.lt.o as migrated. I have filed a couple
   of bugs in the d.sl.o about marking some pages as migrated.
   - Clean up http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ActivityTeam/aslo
   - Make http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Events More useful at
   communicating what is happening in the community.
   - Update the wiki translation infrastructure. There have been alot of
   advances in mediawiki translations since OLPC developed the wiki translation
   mechanism we currently use. A good source of advice and information may be
   http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Main_Page .
   - Clean up the process of planning, holding, and documenting team meeting
   on the wiki.

--Fred

> Re: [IAEP] [Announce] Sugar Labs wiki team 2009 launch meeting 30 March
> 2009 17:00 UTC (13:00 EDT, 10:00 PDT)

> David Farning

Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:14:39 -0700

> The biggest gap in our wiki is scheduling and providing feedback on

meetings and events.

> It must be:

1a. Easy for a team coordinator to scheudal a meeting.

1b. Easy for a participant to add items to the agenda.

2. Easy for a new participant to discover when meetings are held.

3.Easy to find and review meeting logs.

> I was not able to come up with a solution which satisfied all four

conditions.  In fact some of my attempts ended up satisfying none of

them:)

> S Page had some good ideas on how to accomplish this.

> The second gap is keeping todo lists up to date.

> Todo lists are how Sugar Labs communications what it is working on and

what needs work to new contributors.  But, they are current a pain to

keep up to date.

IAEP at lists.sugarlabs.org